We’re proud to announce our upcoming summer virtual edition of the Draft reading series hosted by Gloria Blizzard.
Sunday, August 23, 2020
Along with Gloria, we are featuring 10 other readers presenting their newest work.
- Gloria Blizzard is a non-fiction writer, poet and penner of songs, whose essays, reviews and articles have appeared in numerous literary publications, magazines and sound recordings. Her work can be found at gloriablizzard.com.
- Maheen Hyder is a Pakistani poet and mental health therapist whose work focuses on cityscapes and memory as they relate to migration and has been published in Arc Poetry Magazine, The Postcolonialist, The Puritan, The Fiddlehead and Bosphorus Review of Books.
- Bänoo Zan is a poet and poetry organizer with three books and over 200 individual poems and poetry related pieces in online and print publications around the globe. Her work can be found on Amazon.
Eufemia Fantetti teaches English at Humber College and co-edits the Humber Literary Review. Her books can be found on bookshelves of both independent and major bookstores.
Therese Estacion immigrated to Canada when she was ten from Cebu, Philiipines. She is an elementary school educator, poet, and identify as having a disability/disabled—since 2016— due to bilateral below knee and hand amputations as a result of sepsis. Her upcoming work will be coming from Book*Hug in the spring of 2021.
- Anuja Varghese is a Pushcart-nominated writer based in Hamilton whose work has been featured in many literary magazines and journals, and who is currently at work on a debut collection of short stories. A list of her publications can be found on anujavarghese.com.
- Rita Shelton Deverell is a theatre and media artist whose play “Who You Callin Black Eh?” won the 2019 Toronto Fringe Festival’s Teen Jury Award and whose 2019 book American Refugees: Turning to Canada for Freedom proves said one reviewer “We are not as nice as we think we are.” Her work can be found at Playwrights Guild of Canada’s Canadian Play Outlet.
- Ellen. S. Jaffe is a poet and fiction writer who grew up in New York and has found a wonderful writing and personal home in Canada. For further info on her work contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wanda Taylor is an author, college instructor, and multi-disciplinary artist based in Toronto, Ontario. Her work can be purchased online or any major bookstore.
We welcome donations from those who are able to contribute. If not, please attend for free — you are most welcome!
The money will go straight to the brief readers, except for a small amount to cover the series costs. If you wish to send a donation, please send an e-transfer to email@example.com
And in case you have not heard … the fine and incredibly hard-working folks at Queen Books are doing home delivery these days.